Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Currently Reading


Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson

I found this awhile back and I just started it but I'm enjoying it as it discusses (in a very fun and readable manner) how Audrey Hepburn's portrayal of Holly Golightly changed women's views of themselves and society in the sixties.  Really interesting take on the movie and women's roles in society during that time.  I highly recommend.

 "how did Breakfast at Tiffany's bring American audiences to see that the bad girl was really a good one?  There was no way she could have known it then -- in fact, if someone were to suggest it to her, she probably would have laughed them off -- but Audrey Hepburn, backed by everyone else on Breakfast at Tiffany's, was about to shake up absolutely everything.  This book is the story of those people, their hustle, and that shake."  -excerpt from the book



Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Ok, I started this series a couple of years ago and the last book finally came out.  I honestly didn't want to read it but the crazy book lover in me told me I had to for closure.   It's taking me a little bit to get into the story again but I'm determined to find out what happens to Eragon and his dragon, gosh darn it.  Basically when I'm finished, I'll be happy if good wins over evil and Eragon hooks up with Arya and that I won't have to remember who characters with names like Jormundur and Nar Garzhvog are supposed to be.  I'm not hatin', I'm just frustrated, k?  I read the entire third book (which was lengthy to get through) thinking the series would end, only to find that not only was there a surprise fourth book but I'd have to wait forever for it.  I think I'm still holding that grudge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Sarah McInroe and I am an artist living and working in Texas with my husband and dog, Lucy. I love sharing my art and other's art. You can also see my work at sarahmcinroe.com or for sale on my Etsy. Thanks for visiting!