Monday, December 5, 2011

Currently Reading


I found this while browsing at the bookstore and so far I am loving it.   It's about small, everyday interactions with people, noticing those we may ignore, take for granted, or not see very clearly. It's brilliantly written, poignant, and darkly humorous.  We'll see how I feel when I get to the end.  To learn more go here.

Also reading:

This is written by my seventh grade grammar teacher!  Really enjoying the escapades of her and her daughter as they go to Italy with no plan and no money and rely on faith and the goodwill of people to navigate the country.  Her insights into the Italian culture are fun to read and I had similar feelings and experiences when I went to Italy in 2008 to study abroad.  Look at it here.


And I'm rereading the Harry Potter series as it's been a long time and the winter weather gets me in the mood  for good kid lit and young adult fiction.  Ok, who am I kidding, I read it year round.  Anyways,  I'm currently on the third.  Getting lost in her world is always amazing and just reaffirms what we all already know:  J.K.  Rowling is just bloody brilliant. *wink*

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge bookworm, so I'm following!

    I've always wanted to read The Elegance of the Hedgehog...maybe I will!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Sarah McInroe and I am an artist living and working in Texas with my husband and dog, Lucy. I love sharing my art and other's art. You can also see my work at sarahmcinroe.com or for sale on my Etsy. Thanks for visiting!