Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Goodreads Choice Awards

Goodreads has announced the winners for best books of 2011.  You can see the winners for any genre but best overall book for 2011 was one I haven't read:

  Here is amazon's description:

One choice can transform you. Pass initiation. Do not fail! Thrilling urban dystopian fiction debut from exciting young author. In sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior's world, society is divided into five factions -- Abnegation (the selfless), Candor (the honest), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent) -- each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue, in the attempt to form a "perfect society." At the age of sixteen, teens must choose the faction to which they will devote their lives. On her Choosing Day, Beatrice renames herself Tris, rejects her family's group, and chooses another faction. After surviving a brutal initiation, Tris finds romance with a super-hot boy, but also discovers unrest and growing conflict in their seemingly "perfect society." To survive and save those they love, they must use their strengths to uncover the truths about their identities, their families, and the order of their society itself.

Dystopian fiction (not familiar with the term?  Think anti-utopia) is the new big thing in young adult fiction, mostly because of the phenomenal Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  Each time I read a new one it seems to be either amazing or....not so much.  No in between (why is that?).  Divergent looks really good though.

Look at the rest of this years winners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Sarah McInroe and I am an artist living and working in Texas with my husband and dog, Lucy. I love sharing my art and other's art. You can also see my work at sarahmcinroe.com or for sale on my Etsy. Thanks for visiting!